Following discussion of this issue at February’s ColCC meeting, CEC has written to Cllr Arthur on the matter of an improved lit path between Westmill and Spylaw Park. In summary they have said:
- some progress is being made but as yet there is no official grant offer from Sustrans for the work. Due to the availability and cost of path construction materials (25%+) the budget and specification is being reassessed
- officials are looking at getting lighting quotes. This will be subject to an ecological survey and report on the impact of lighting; these costs are not part of the path upgrading budget
- a definitive decision from Sustrans is due soon and once there is confirmation that funding is in place CEC will liaise with community organisations and Cllrs
- The tender returns are due back w/b 7th March with preparatory work starting just before the end of March 2022 and the main path works April to June 2022.
- These are only indicative timings at this stage.